Friday, January 30, 2015

Bucky Bear

This is one of my earlier projects that turned out better than I expected! He is Bucky Bear, Captain America's trustworthy sidekick and best pal :) I originally saw Bucky Bear on a tumblr comic and he was so cute that I had to make a crochet version of him for myself! I'm quite pleased with how he turned out, the yarn I used to make the bear was a pain to work with since I could not see the stitches at all!!! But it was worth it in the end :)


Just a little note: the bear itself is crochet, as well as the majority of the clothes. For the collar, mask, eyes, and nose I used felt and sewed it on, and added some fabric glue for extra security.






The yarn looks great in the finished product, but it was so confusing and quite bothersome to work with... But it looks just like fur, so I'll just be glad that the whole ordeal is over with. I could, however, be persuaded to make more for a good enough reason... :)

And here is Bucky Bear with my Captain America plushie! Aren't they so cute together? ;)

**And don't worry, I'm working on the Hobbit series still! I just needed to keep up with my blog posts, and Bucky was sitting in my room, feeling left out, so I had an impromptu photo shoot (haha). The first dwarf of the company should arrive soon, so please check in again!

No comments:

Post a Comment