Friday, February 27, 2015

BBC Sherlock

I've been working on my Etsy shop this past week, as well as a new series, so I've been pretty busy lately. But, I am happy to present my now-completed BBC Sherlock amigurumi!

NEW: Thanks to their unexpected popularity, Sherlock and John are now available in my Etsy shop!



Sherlock Holmes

Here is Sherlock in his trademark coat and scarf. I had a lot of fun making him and his coat! I even got the little red thing on the lapel to the right :)
His hair was a bit tricky, since I needed it to look curly without having to leave loose strands. I think it looks pretty clean!






John Watson

Here is John! I learned a new technique to make his sweater :3 I think I might have to make his body thinner so that he doesn't look too poofy with the sweater on, but I also think he looks really cute like this! I also figured out how to make a tiny little polo collar thing that he usually wears underneath the sweater. 
I am just a bit sad that I didn't have the right color yarn for his sweater, but it came close so it still looks like the actual thing. I also couldn't for the life of me figure out the color of his hair! Is it grey, blonde, or brown?? I just went with what looked best out of what I had. The brown I used is actually a bit lighter than in the photo though.




And here is the dynamic duo up close!


So I think that they each came out pretty nicely! They are now in my shop along with the Hobbit series!

I think my next goal is to work on some Doctor Who characters since someone requested that, but I've also received a request for Harry Potter. If you want to suggest my next line of amigurumi, visit me on my Instagram and comment on any of my photos! I'd love to hear from everybody.

Until next week!






No comments:

Post a Comment