Sunday, February 15, 2015

The Hobbit Series (Part 5)

Gandalf

Hello again! I've finally finished the winner of the poll, which was Gandalf. He took a bit longer than I expected, but since I had a long weekend, I was able to finish him only a day late. Well, here is the Grey Wizard!

His beard was actually really fun to make! :) 
It was a bit tedious, but all I had to do was sew in pieces of yarn, then gently comb through all of the yarn. I had to make sure I got every single strand, otherwise it would look out of place. But I'm really pleased with the end result! I hope it looks realistic to you.




His hat is not removable because I thought it would be such a hassle trying to get it to stay on his head if I didn't sew it on. It took me two tries to finally get that wizard hat correct! That was probably the most difficult part of making Gandalf.

And here is that meddlesome wizard, dragging Bilbo off for an adventure. Poor hobbit, hopefully his dwarf friends can help him out ;)

I'm quite fond of my little Gandalf, so thanks to everyone who voted for him! I think I ought to make an elf next, since quite a few others asked for one. I wonder which one I'll make...

And just a heads up, my preparations for my Etsy shop are coming along quite nicely! I should have the shop open either tomorrow (since I don't have school) or sometime this week. I'm very excited to have a shop, and I hope you'll all take a look! 

Until the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment